Saturday, March 9, 2013

Avocado Moisture Mask

I don't know if you've been watching the news lately, but yesterday the Northeast had a random blizzard. Like, out of nowhere. I ended up having to walk around outside yesterday at the tail end of it. It was less than pleasant. And today my skin is rough and dry.

PERFECT EXCUSE TO MAKE A FACE MASK.

I needed moisture so I came up with this little beauty:


An Avocado Moisture Mask !! It only has two ingredients:

* Half an avocado
* Half a tablespoon of Aura Cacia Grapeseed Skin Care Oil




Mash it together with a fork and it's ready to go.

After smoothing it on and leaving it for about ten minutes, my skin felt moisturized, smoother, and suppler. I decided to go all the way and follow up my mask with some Avène Cold Cream, a super thick ointment for very dry skin. It's extremely intense, but 100% gentle on sensitive skin. I would never use it as a day lotion because it leaves a thick protective barrier, but it's great to use as an overnight treatment.


Much loved this winter.

I expect to wake up to pretty fabulous skin.


You can buy Aura Cacia skin care oils at Whole Foods and Avène products right over at drugstore.com.      

3 comments:

  1. Hey there! I've been following your blog for some time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Atascocita Tx! Just wanted to say keep up the great job!

    Also visit my site Skip Navigation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that was odd. I just wrote an very long comment but after I
    clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over
    again. Anyways, just wanted to say wonderful blog!



    my page: Cambogia Extract

    ReplyDelete